After Prime Minister Kim Jong-pil received an honorary doctorate from Kyushu University in November 1998, the Korean government had funded Kyushu University over five years. In response to this aid, RCKS was established in December 17, 1999 as the first institute for Korean studies among the national or public university.
Kyushu University has had a prominent relationship with the Korean peninsula since the period of Kyushu Imperial University. We would like to make a continuous effort to promote the research mainly on the modern history of Northeast Asia, including the current issues between Japanese-Korean relations.
- Visiting Professor Program, 2018-2019
- Dr. Philip・C・Brown Appointed as Visiting Researcher
- Dr. Jooyeon Rhee Appointed as Visiting Professor
- Vol.17: The Annual Report
- Our website is renewed open.